How to Get to It + Fill It Out
Interim Advisors must fill this out prior to the graduate student choosing a Thesis Chair [around the time of Candidacy].
Thesis Chairs must fill this out just before the graduate students’ final semester.
This is the form that will tell the Graduate School to issue a degree to your graduating MFA candidate. Use the advising tool from the GPD, or a graduate students Unofficial Transcript, ensuring all requirements have been met.
Open PeopleSoft through my.umbc and login.
Go to the menu: Main Menu….UMBC Custom Items…. Records & Enrollment…. UM Grad Progression Summary
- Go to the menu “Favorites… Add to Favorites”
- Type the students name and/or ID
3. At top, right hand side, click “Course Fulfillment Information” [or scroll down ]
4. Hit the “View All” link to list all the courses student has taken or is taking.
5. Check all the boxes of courses that are applicable to degree. [transfer credits aren’t listed but are input manually]
6. Scroll up to “Program Information.” If all requirements have been met for the MFA
a. Check “Requirements Complete”
7. Once completed, scroll down and click “Save”
Please contact Patricia Winborn [firstname.lastname@example.org] or the GPD with any issues.